MBBS, FRCSEdinburgh, FRCSGlasgow
Special Interest: Gastrointestinal, Laparoscopic & Obesity
Dr. Melvin Look was a graduate of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh and Glasgow. To help hone his skills, he went through comprehensive training at the National Cancer Center Hospital in Tokyo where he did his Ministry of Health Fellowship in Upper Gastrointestinal Cancer Surgery.
Dr Look specializes in the treatment of stomach and esophageal cancers. His expertise in a wide repertoire of minimally surgeries saw him become the first surgeon in South East Asia to perform advanced laparoscopic operations which include; Hand-assisted Laparoscopic Surgery, Endoscopic Thyroid Surgery and Swedish Adjustable Gastric Banding for Obesity.
Dr Look also helped train numerous local and regional surgeons in advanced laparoscopic surgery. He helped set up the first training facility in the world outside of America to gain an endorsement from the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES). For his work in the medical field, he has been listed in the peerage publication “Who’s Who in the World” since the year 2000.
Articles and topics from Dr. Melvin Look:
– Ballooning weight? Get a balloon inside you
– Gold 90.5 “Ask the Expert” with Dr Look
– Tummy Trouble – Stomach Cancer in Singapore
– Artisan of Medicine
– Non-Surgical Weight Loss
– Jelly in the Tummy
– Weight Loss without Surgery
– Digestive Problems
– Upgraded Balloons for Weight Loss
– Understanding Obesity Surgery
– Radio Interview:Screening & Prevention is Better Than Cure
– New Non-Surgical Hemorrhoid Procedure Offers Faster Recovery, Fewer Side Effects
– 6 Digestive Concerns Explained
– Weight Loss Without Surgery