PanAsia Breast Clinic
Many women feel shy talking about their breast problems and choose to ignore them. It is however very important for early diagnosis and treatment when dealing with serious breast conditions such as breast cancer.
Common symptoms relating to the breast are pain, breast lump and nipple discharge. While the majority of the time it will not be due to cancer, it is crucial to have the appropriate confirmatory tests done for early diagnosis and treatment. Most tests are non invasive or minimally invasive and done under local anaesthesia, so making a diagnosis is a relatively simple procedure. It is definitely worth the effort for the peace of mind.
Our specialty clinic offers a one-stop facility for screening, diagnosis and treatment of the full range of breast disorders. We provide in-house breast ultrasound and facilities for fine needle biopsy and ultrasound guided vacuum assisted excision biopsy for abnormal breast lesions.
Our services include:
- Breast self examination technique
- Clinical examination and risk counselling
- Mammograms, ultrasound, MRI
- Breast lumps, nipple discharge, pain
- Management of the abnormal mammogram, ultrasound, MRI
- Ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration of cysts, lumps, lymph nodes
- Management of lactational breast problems including needle aspiration of abscess
- Ultrasound/mammogram guided core biopsy of breast abnormalities
- Minimally invasive ultrasound guided vacuum assisted excision biopsy of breast lumps
- Open biopsy, wire localization biopsy, duct excision for nipple discharge
- Breast conservation with or without neoadjuvant chemotherapy
- Pre-neoadjuvant chemotherapy ultrasound guided marker clip placement
- Oncoplastic surgery for breast conservation
- Skin sparing mastectomy with immediate reconstruction
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy using dual technique
- Radical axilla lymphadenectomy
- Post mastectomy prosthesis fitting
- Symptoms related to breast pain, lumps and abnormal nipple discharge.
- Treatment of breast infections related to breastfeeding, breast abscesses.
- Discussion of surveillance and treatment of the high risk woman with family history of breast cancer or BRCA mutation carriers
- Clinical breast examination
- Breast screening
- Evaluation of abnormal screening or diagnostic mammograms and ultrasounds
- Fine needle aspiration cytology
- Aspiration of cysts and breast abscess
- Ultrasound guided core needle biopsy of breast lumps or lymph nodes
- Ultrasound guided vacuum assisted excision biopsy (mammotomy) of breast lumps
- Stereotactic guided vacuum assisted biopsy (mammotomy) of microcalcifications on mammogram
- Excision biopsy of breast lumps or benign tumours
- Microdochectomy (duct excision) or total duct excision for abnormal nipple discharge/duct ectasia
- Hookwire localization open biopsy of abnormal breast lesions seen on mammogram or ultrasound
- Wide excision of tumours
- Breast cancer surgery
- Breast conservation with parenchymal displacement for remodeling (oncoplastic surgery)
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy for early breast cancer
- Oncological axilla lymph node clearance for breast cancer
- Mastectomy with immediate reconstruction (in conjunction with plastic surgeon)
Breast cancer is rising in incidence worldwide especially in developed nations and Singapore has the highest rate of increase in Asia. More young women are also being diagnosed with breast cancer. Fortunately the prognosis of breast cancer when treated early is excellent.
Minimally invasive techniques are now available for early diagnosis of abnormal mammogram and ultrasound findings, allowing expedient surgery and treatment. Surgical options of breast conservation, oncoplastic surgery, sentinel lymph node biopsy and immediate reconstruction allow women to lead a normal lifestyle after treatment, reducing the morbidity and stigma associated with breast cancer treatment.
Minimally Invasive Biopsy
Image guided minimally invasive needle biopsy achieves histological certainty in majority of breast conditions including ability to remove small lesions completely
Advanced Oncological Techniques for breast cancer
such as sentinel lymph node biopsy, oncoplastic surgery and skin sparing mastectomy and immediate reconstruction improves outcome and reduces morbidity after cancer surgery