PanAsia Hernia Clinic
Our specialty clinic for hernia surgery is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of all types of hernias. Our preferred approach is with minimally invasive keyhole surgery to allow early recovery and superior functional outcomes.
- conventional open mesh repair
- minimally invasive laparoscopic hernia repair
- laparoscopic repair of difficult recurrent hernias
- diagnosis and management of acute and chronic groin pain
- sports related groin pain and groin disruption
- rectal divarication
- umbilical hernia, ventral hernias
- incisional hernia after previous operations
- laparoscopic umbilical hernia repair
- laparoscopic incisional hernia repair
A abdominal hernia is the protrusion of abdominal contents through muscular defect in the wall of the abdominal cavity. It can be found in different locations in the abdominal wall, or it can arise at the site of a previous surgical incision.
A hernia can be recognised by a swelling that may cause discomfort. Surgery is usually advised to prevent complications such as bowel obstruction and strangulation.