PANASIA VEIN AND VASCULAR CLINIC
Our Vein and Vascular Clinic offers comprehensive screening, counselling, diagnosis, and management of vascular diseases in Singapore, according to established standard of care, and practicing the most up-to-date treatment guidelines and therapy. Management is customized to each patient who may need open vascular surgery, or endovascular therapy (minimally invasive), or a combination of both. Emphasis is put on our patient’s individual needs in designing therapy, as vascular diseases and its treatment can be lifestyle enhancing, limb-salving, or lifesaving.
- Consultation, clinical evaluation, Duplex Ultrasound scan of lower extremities for venous reflux
Risk factor assessment, clinical evaluation, Duplex Ultrasound scan of carotid arteries, Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI) and Pulse Volume recording (PVR), Toe plethysmography
Limb Salvage Assessment for advanced PAD, counselling, planning, investigations including arteriogram and Wound care needs.
Risk factor assessment, clinical evaluation, Duplex ultrasound scan of the abdomen and
CT-aortogram/arteriogram or MRI-angiogram can be arranged if indicated
Consultation, clinical evaluation, for hemodialyis or peritoneal dialysis
Ultrasound scan for suitability of arteriovenous fistula (AVF), arteriovenous graft (AVG)
Consultation, counselling, clinical evaluation for proper diabetic foot care
Wound care assessment for Diabetic foot wounds
Every diagnostic work up should begin with a clinical evaluation which include a proper physical examination. Investigations are prioritized according to the patient’s needs and vascular disease suspected, and also from least invasive to more invasive tests. Apart from blood laboratory tests, point-of-care testing are available in the clinic and they include:
- Duplex Ultrasound scan of lower extremities for varicose veins, deep vein thrombosis, vascular malformations.
- Duplex ultrasound scan for arterial insufficiency, including Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) of the legs and Carotid Artery Disease which can cause strokes.
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI), Pulse Volume Recordings (PVR), and Toe plethysmography (PPG) for PAD
- Complex vascular diseases such as aortic aneurysms or mesenteric stenosis/ischemia may require CT-scan Aortogram or MR-Angiograms, both of which can be easily arranged for our patients.