Gentle, simple and effective non-surgical treatment for symptomatic Grades I and II Internal Hemorrhoids
- Its patented design allows treatment of all hemorrhoids in one procedure.
- The treatment targets the area above the dentate line and its low treatment temperature minimizes collateral tissue damage.
- Hemorrhoid Energy Therapy, using the HET™ Bipolar System can be completed quickly with minimal pain to the patient
Below is a representation of results from one treatment session of several large internal, symptomatic grade I hemorrhoids.
Nonsurgical treatment of actively bleeding internal hemorrhoids with a novel endoscopic device
AUTHORS Sergey V. Kantsevoy, MD, PhD and Marianne Bitner, CRNA
JOURNAL Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2013; Volume 78, No 4
Internal hemorrhoids often present with bleeding, prolapse, and other symptoms. Currently used nonsurgical treatment modalities have limited effectiveness and usually require several treatment sessions.
- Analysis of medical records of 23 patients treated with the HET™ Bipolar System at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland from August 2011 through February 2013
- Patients with mild, moderate, or severe actively bleeding grade I and grade II internal hemorrhoids were treated.
- Patients who needed therapeutic anticoagulation, had an underlying bleeding disorder, or a platelet count < 50,000 platelets were excluded
- After the procedure all patients were discharged and returned to clinic one month later. Follow up phone calls occurred at 3, 6, and 12 months post procedure
- None of the 23 patients treated with HET™ Bipolar System reported hemorrhoidal bleeding or prolapse at the average follow up of 11.2±4.7 months
- Of the five patients who were treated without sedation, none complained of pain or rectal discomfort during the procedure
- All patients denied pain or discomfort after the procedure and no patients asked for analgesics post procedure
- Effective treatment with HET™ Bipolar System may require only 1 therapeutic session
- Hemorrhoid Energy Therapy using the HET™ Bipolar System can be performed quickly and easily with minimal pain or discomfort to the patient.
- HET™ Bipolar System is safe and demonstrated resolution of bleeding and prolapse of grades I and II hemorrhoids after an average of 11.2 months follow up.